We attended the Key City Kennel Club Show in St. Peter, MN, and Saturdayn was only a day we can dream about. Our Ch. Dreamer went "Select Bitch", our girl Angel went "Winners Bitch" for a 3 pt. major (she only ned one more major to finish) and her brother, KC, went "Winners Dog, Best of Winners, and Best of Opposite Sex" for a 3 pt major and his championship! On Sunday the only one who did anything was Dreamer who again went "Select Bitch" beating the other special, and if I have counted right her Grand Championship! Now that is a great weekend!
5/04/13 & 4/05/13
Mister won the award for most weight pulled at the two UKC weight pulls this weekend. Saturday he pulled 3,540 lbs. and on Sunday he pulled 3,730 lbs! Thats our beasty boy!
Dreamer had her babies today, 1 boy and 2 girls, unfortunately one of the girls was stillborn, but the other two are health babies.
It has been a long time since I have up dated this page do to some major health issues, but I am back now, so watch for more news and brags.
Judge Mary Cunningham
We thought that saturday was great, but the boys, KC & Mister really out did themselves check out Sunday's results below!
- 1st pl. Blue Collar's Karbon Copy, WP, (aka KC) who weighed 161 lbs pulled 5240 lbs!!!! over 2 1/2 tons!! He pulled it in 16.60 seconds, that is 32.54 times his body weight!! KC tried to pull the next weight, but he was pretty tired and really starting to slip on the carpet, so after a 10 second try Sabrina had them give the cart a push to start it and he took it to the finish line by himself. KC was bred by Robbie & Tim Hiltz and owned by Robbie & Tim Hiltz and Sabrina Griebel and handled by Sabrina.
- 2nd pl. CH. Montana Mtn Mystery of Life, WPS (aka Mister) weighed 156 lbs, and pulled 4670 in 28.34 in seconds, that is 28.721 times his body weight! Mister was bred by Brenda Swanson, and owned by Robbie & Tim Hiltz, Sabrina Griebel and Brenda Swanson, and handled by Tim Hiltz.
- 3rd pl. Blue Collar's Kiss an Angel, WP, (aka Angel) who weighed 125 lbs pulled 3340 lbs in 16.59 seconds, that is 26.72 times her body weight! Angel is KC's litter sister, bred by Robbie & Tim Hiltz and owned by Robbie & Tim Hiltz and Sabrina Griebel and handled by Tim.
- 4th pl. GCh. Mtn Home Linus Stoan V Lasquite, CD (aka Linus) who weighed 168 lbs once again pulled 2960 lbs. in 11.50 seconds, that is 17.61 times his body weight. Linus was bred by Beth McCarthy, and owned by Lyle and Marlys Larson, handled by Marlys. Linus is also KC and Angel's dad.
- 5th pl. UKCH, UWP Shadow Mtn Rhapsody in Blue, WPX (aka Tempo) who weighed 116 lbs pulled 2960 lbs in 13.90 seconds, that is 25.51 times her body weight. Tempo was bred by Paul & Karen Bodeving and owned by Robbie & Tim Hiltz & Sabrina Griebel, handled by Sabrina.
- I have been unable to confirm if KC's pull is a club record or not, but i can't find anything to prove the opposite, but whether it is or not, this young dog (he will be 2 the end of April) will always be a champion in our heart!
Judge Mary Cunningham
This weekend we attended a UKC weight pull sponsored by the MN Mixed Breed Club and are still reeling from the great pulls the dogs did. Here are the results from Saturday.
1st pl. Blue Collar's Karbon Copy, WP, (aka KC) who weighed 161 lbs pulled 4860 lbs in 24.47 seconds, that is 30.18 times his body weight!! KC was bred by Robbie & Tim Hiltz and owned by Robbie & Tim Hiltz and Sabrina Griebel and handled by Sabrina.
2nd pl. CH. Montana Mtn Mystery of Life, WPS (aka Mister) weighed 156 lbs, and pulled 4480 lbs in 25.63 seconds, that is 28.721 times his body weight! Mister was bred by Brenda Swanson, and owned by Robbie & Tim Hiltz, Sabrina Griebel and Brenda Swanson, and handled by Tim Hiltz.
3rd pl. Blue Collar's Kiss an Angel, WP, (aka Angel) who weighed 125 lbs pulled 3530 lbs in 20.25 seconds, that is 28.24 times her body weight! Angel is KC's litter sister, bred by Robbie & Tim Hiltz and owned by Robbie & Tim Hiltz and Sabrina Griebel and handled by Tim.
4th pl. GCh. Mtn Home Linus Stoan V Lasquite, CD (aka Linus) who weighed 168 lbs pulled 2960 lbs. in 8.72 seconds, that is 17.61 times his body weight. Linus was bred by Beth McCarthy, and owned by Lyle and Marlys Larson, handled by Marlys. Linus is also KC and Angel's dad.
5th pl. UKCH, UWP Shadow Mtn Rhapsody in Blue, WPX (aka Tempo) who weighed 116 lbs pulled 3150 lbs in 16.91 seconds, that is 27.15 times her body weight. Tempo was bred by Paul & Karen Bodeving and owned by Robbie & Tim Hiltz & Sabrina Griebel, handled by Sabrina.
The three of us , Tim, Sabrina & myself were so happy and proud of our kids, I don't think we drove home, but rather flew home! Every one of dogs had set a new personal best for themselves, and we were sure it couldn't get any better. Sunday proved us wrong.
- Saturday January 28th - Sabrina, Tim and I took Mister, KC, Dreamer and Tempo to the Tri-State Alaskan Malamute weight pull in Green Bay, WI. This pull was held in conjunction with their "Winter Fest". We had great crowds of spectators their to watch us and cheer the dogs on. Mister (153 lbs), KC (146 lbs) and Dreamer (144 lbs) were in the unlimited class, while "little" Tempo at 104 lbs was in the 101 to 120 class with all of the big Malamutes and Bull dogs. Mister and KC tied for first, with KC taking the win on time. His pull was 3100 lbs in 9.47 seconds, and Misters was done in 9.88 seconds. Dreamer was third in the class behind the boys. Tempo placed 3rd in her very competitive weight class, so we were very pleased with the results all the way around. This coming weekend we will be pulling in the Wisconsin Dells, so we are hoping for another great weekend.
- Saturday & Junday January 7th & 8th - We were back in St. Paul for the two day Land O' Lakes Kennel Club Show. With Angel at home, thank goodness, the boys were much more controlled. Mister took Best of breed, Lori U.'s girl Molly, (sorry don't remember her reg,. name) went Winners Bitch, Best of Winners and Best of Opposite. KC waswinners Dog, and Bell. was reserve winners bitch. Mister showed beautifully in the group ring, but unfrtunately he did not place. Sunday's results were the same as saturday.
- Friday January 6th - We were at the Northstar Working Dog Association's specialty show at the St. Paul, MN Excel Center. Mister took select dog, KC went winners dog, an Angel took winners bitch, best of winners and Best of opposite sex to her dad Linus, who went best of breed. Angel was in season, and we had to bring her to hold the points, but she had all three of the boys acting very naughty !!
- Sunday December 11th - we were bac kin St.Cloud for day two of the show. Since Mister finished his championship we moved him up to the Best of Breed class which he won. KC went winners dog and best of winners for (1 pt), Angel went winners bitch for (1pt) She just needs her majors to finish, and Dreamer went Select.
- Saturday December 10th - We showed at the Granite City Kennel Club dog show in St. Cloud. On Saturday Mister went best of breed and finished his championship. Dreamer went Select for more points towards her next level of her Grand. Championship. Angel took Winners Bitch and Best of opposite for 1 point.
- Saturday December 3, 2011 - We took Mister and KC to Fond du Lac, Wisconsin for a weight pull being put on by the Tri-State Alaskan Malmute Club. We drove through RAIN, who would have thought, most of the way there. We were pulling on grass which turned in to mud the harder it rained and the more we pulled by the end the cart was being pulled through 2" of sticky mucky mud! Oh, and you should have seen the dogs they all looked like they had been rolling in the mud instead of pulling. At the end Mister won the award for most weight pulled - 1700 lbs. He may have pulled more, but the temperature was starting to drop and every one wanted to get home before it turned to snow and ice. We made about 2 of the 5 hour drive before we hit the snow and ice and road conditions got bad. That added 2 more hours on to the normal 5 hour drive, but at least we made it home safe and sound, hauling 600 lbs of dog food that the boys won from weight pulling.
Saturday & Sunday November 19 & 20, 2011 - We had the best weekend, in Saturday mornings mail we received our SBCA Weight Puller (WP) certificate for our 18 month old bitch, Blue Collar's Kiss an Angel, and our Boy that we co-own with Brenda Swanson, Montana Mtns Mystery of Life, WP (AKA Mister), got his Weight Puller Excellent (WPX) certificate! Then we were off to the Minneapolis Kennel Club Dog Show in Shakopee, MN. the results to follow:
Saturday, November 19 - Judge Karen G. McFarlane - 2-2-l-l
BOB - Ch. Mountain Homes Linus V Stoan, CD, WPX Owned by Lyle and Marlys Larson, handled by Sabrina Grienbel
WB, BW, BOS (l pt) - Blue Collar's Kiss An Angel, WP, Owned by Rob-Lyn & Tim Hiltz, handled by 11 year old Siri Koonz
Select - Ch/UCH. Scandia's Dreamcatcher, WPS, UWPCH Owned by Rob-lyn & Tim Hiltz, handled by Cindy Hiltz
Winners Dog (1pt.)- Montana Mtns Mystery of Life, WP, Owned by Rob-Lyn & Tim Hiltz, Brenda Swanson & Sabrina Griebel, Handled by Tim Hiltz
RWD - Blue Collar's Karbon Copy - Owned by Rob-Lyn & Tim Hiltz and Sabrina Griebel, Handled by Tim Hiltz
RWB - Lasquite's Francesca May - Owned by Rob-Lyn & Tim Hiltz & Sabrina Griebel, handled by Siri, Koonz
It was worth the white knuckle drive home in the first snow of the year, with ice underneath.
Sunday, November 20 - Judge Sharol C. Way - 2-2-1-1
BOB - Scandia's Dreamcatcher, WPS, UWPCH Owned by Rob-lyn & Tim Hiltz, handled by Tim Hiltz (NEW GRAND CHAMPION)
BOS - Ch. Mountain Homes Linus V Stoan, CD, WPX Owned by Lyle and Marlys Larson, handled by Sabrina Grienbel
WB, BW, (l pt) - Blue Collar's Kiss An Angel, WP, Owned by Rob-Lyn & Tim Hiltz, handled by 11 year old Siri Koonz
Winners Dog (1pt.)- Montana Mtns Mystery of Life, WP, Owned by Rob-Lyn & Tim Hiltz, Brenda Swanson & Sabrina Griebel, Handled by Terri Hiltz DrakeRWD - Blue Collar's Karbon Copy - Owned by Rob-Lyn & Tim Hiltz and Sabrina Griebel, Handled by Tim Hiltz
RWB - Lasquite's Francesca May - Owned by Rob-Lyn & Tim Hiltz & Sabrina Griebel, handled by Siri, Koonz
So we are pretty happy, 1 new champion, 1 new grand champion, and our 18 month old puppy Angel showed like a champ with an 11 year old handler, who had never handle her before, Siri Koonz. I don't know who was grinning more, Us, Siri, or Siri's Grandma Barb. It was definitely a great weekend for us.
- Sunday October 9th - We had another great day at the Wright County show. Linus was best of breed, KC was winners dog (1pt) and best of winners, his sister Angel was winners bitch (1pt), and Best of Opposite Sex to best of breed, and Dreamer took select bitch. Dreamer also got the last point she needed for her Grand Championship!
- Saturday October 8th - Today we were at the Wright County Kennel Club's Dog Show with six dogs. Whew what a circus! We also showed Linus for the Larson's Thank goodness for Randy B and his two handlers, April and Melissa, and who helped us with all of the dogs. Mister handled by Tim's niece, Terri and he took winners dog and got 1 pt. towards his championship. Tim showed KC in the bred by exhibitor class and took reserve winners dog. Tim also showed Angel in the bred by exhibitor class and she also took reserve winners bitch. April, who is 11 years old, showed Bell to winners bitch and she got one pt. also. Then Tim showed Linus to Best of Breed, Melissa handled Dreamer to Best of Opposite Sex, and Mister took best of winners! What a great day!!
- Saturday & Sunday October 1st & 2nd - We took a lovely drive to Zumbro Falls, MN for the MN Mixed Breed Club's UKC Weight Pull. The drive down was beautiful as the leaves where starting to wear their fall colors, but the ride home was even better! Mister took first place both Saturday and Sunday with pulls of 3540 lbs and 3378 lbs. On Saturday KC came in 3rd place right behind his Dad Linus with a pull of 3054 lbs, beating his personal best by almost 300 lbs. Then on Sunday KC took 2nd place pulling 3378 lbs. Beating his personal best from Saturday by over 300 lbs! He even beat his Daddy Linus, and he lost to Mister on Time only. Yes, by goodness I think my baby boy has got it. The girls did pretty well too, with Dreamer taking 4th both days loosing to the 3 big boys who out weighed her by close to 20 lbs. Dreamer pulled 2568 lbs on Saturday and 2892 lbs on Sunday. Tempo who weights in at a whopping 109 lbs took 5th on Saturday and 6th on Sunday pulling 1920 lbs and 1596 lbs respectfully. Angel, she was her usual silly self, and really doesn't pu her heart into it like her brother KC. Angel pulled 1596 lbs on Saturday, and 1758 lbs on Sunday. I guess Sabrina knows who she is going to have to spend some training time! All and all we were very proud of our kids and their acomplishments.
- Saturday & Sunday August 27 and 28, 2011 - We had a good weekend at the shows, Mister took Best of Breed both days under Judges Albert P. Holabach and Margaret E. Downey. Mr. Holabach also gave our girl Tempo Best of Opposite Sex. On Sunday Mrs. Downey put up our baby girl Angel up Best of Opposite sex. So that was two points for Mister and one point each for the girls. Yup, we had a good weekend. Mister only needs 4 more points for his championship...go Mister!
- Friday August 5, 2011 - Bell was given an ultra-sound, and their are no babies . We will repeat the breeding this fall and hope for better results. We are very disappointed and heart broken
- Friday July 29, 2011 - We received Bell's certificates from the SBCA for her Weight Pull Excellent Title (WPX) and her Weight Puller Superior Title (WPS). We are proud if Sabrina and Bell as they worked very hard to obtain these titles.
- Tuesday July 26, 2011 - Congratulations to Tim and his girl Mia on their newest title. Mia has now earned her UWPCH Excellent title for weight pulling in the United Kennel Club (UKC) Way to go Tim and Mia you make me proud!
Sunday July 17, 2011 - The humidity was even worse on Sunday, so we were glad that we started on time an were done pulling by 12:30. Dreamer took 2nd place with a pull of 2,904 lbs, Mister took 3rd with a pull of 2,904 also, loosing to Dreamer on time, and 4th place went to KC who also pulled 2,904 lbs, but he lost on time to Dreamer and Mister. 5th place went to Mia with a pull of 2,341 lbs, Angel took 8th place with a pull of 1,416 lbs, beating Tempo, who also pulled 1,416 lbs, on time for 9th place. We were happy to be done, and back home to the AC!
- Saturday July 16, 2011 - We were pulling again, this time we were at the Washington County Fairgrounds in Lake Elmo pulling with the Minnesota Mixed Breed Club once again. The pull start was delayed do torrential down pours, but we finally got started about 9:30 am. It was very hot and humid, and we had all sorts of fans blowing on the dogs to keep them comfortable. By the end of the day, KC was in first place with a pull of 2,904 lbs. Dreamer took 2nd place with a pull of 2,718 lbs, Mister took 3rd place with a pull of 2718 lbs, 4th place went to Mia with a pull of 2160 lbs.Tempo took 8th place with a pull of 1,602 lbs and Angel was in 9th place with a pull of 1,602 lbs, loosing to Tempo on time. The dogs did a great job inspite of the heat.
- Sunday July 3, 2011 - We were back in LeCenter for day two of pulling. Dreamer stayed home, so we had Mia, Tempo, KC and Angel. Mia took first place again today and Most Weight Pulled with a pull of 3,054 lbs. Tempo took 3rd place with a pull of 1,920 lbs, KC took 4th place with a pull of 2,568 lbs, and Angel was a little stinker and only pulled 624 lbs for last place, But over all the "Kids" did well and we had a great time.
- Saturday July 2, 2011 - Minnesota Mixed Breed Club held a UKC Weight Pull in LeCenter, MN. We had Mia, Tempo, Dreamer and KC entered for the Saturday pull. Mia took 1st place in the unlimited weight class, and most weight pulled with a pull of 3,216 lbs. Tempo took 3rd place with a pull of 1,758 lbs, KC took 4th Place with a pull of 2244, and Dreamer who it turned out was sick took 5th place with a pull of 2,244 lbs loosing to KC on time.
- Sunday June 26, 2011, Tim handled the "K" litters sire, Mtn Home Linus V Stoan Lasquite, Linus, to Winners Dog, Best of Winners, Best of Breed under breeder/judge Stan Zielinski for a 3 pt. major and his CHAMPIONSHIP! The K litter babies congratulate their dad and "Grandma & Grandpa Larson"!
- Saturday June 25, 2011, Mister (Montana Mtn's Mystery of Life), went Winnwers Dog, Best of Winners, and Best of Breed under Judgew W. Everett Dean, Jr. for a 3 pt. major, and made the cut in the group under breeder judge Stan Zielinski. We are so proud of Mister, in just 3 weekends out he has earned two majors and a total of 9 pts, only 6 more to go for his championship!
- Saturday June 11th Mister (Montana Mtn's Mystery of Life), went Winners Dog for a 4 pt. major under judge Jean Fournier, then on Sunday KC (Blue Collar's Karbon Copy) took reserve winners dog to a 3 pt. major. Good weekend for us!
- Sat & Sun, June 11th & 12th - Bell was bred to Mister, hopefully she took and we will be expecting puppies around the 15th of August! We are very excited!!
- Sun. May 15, 2011 - Judge: Mr. Brian Meyer - 2-2-0-0 -WD, BW, BOB (1pt.) – Montana Mtn’s Mystery of Life. Breeder Brenda Swanson, by Ch. Montana Mtn’s G’N S Supreme & Montana Mtns Hustler. Owned by Rob-Lyn & Timothy Hiltz, Sabrina Griebel and Brenda Swanson. Handled by Sabrina. RWD – Blue Collar’s Karbon Copy, Breeders Rob-Lyn & Timothy Hiltz and Mlynn Smith, by Mtn Home Linus Stoan V Lasquite & Lasquite’s Francesca May. Owned by Rob-Lyn & Timothy Hiltz and Sabrina Griebel. Handled by Tim. WB, BOS (1pt) – Blue Collar’s Kiss an Angel, Breeders Rob-Lyn & Timothy Hiltz and Mlynn Smith, by Mtn Home Linus Stoan V Lasquite & Lasquite’s Francesca May. Owned by Rob-Lyn & Timothy Hiltz and Sabrina Griebel. Handled by Tim. RWB – Shadow Mtn’s Rhapsody in Blue, breeders Paul & Karen Bodeving, by Ch. Shadow Mtn Hot August Night & Shadow Mtn I’m In Heaven Vic. Owned by Rob-Lyn & Timothy Hiltz and Sabrina Griebel. Handled by Sabrina
- Sat. May 14, 2011 - Judge: Mrs. Keke Kahn - 2-2-0-0 - WD, BW, BOB (1pt.) – Montana Mtn’s Mystery of Life. Breeder Brenda Swanson, by Ch. Montana Mtn’s G’N S Supreme & Montana Mtns Hustler. Owned by Rob-Lyn & Timothy Hiltz, Sabrina Griebel and Brenda Swanson. Handled by Sabrina. RWD – Blue Collar’s Karbon Copy, Breeders Rob-Lyn & Timothy Hiltz and Mlynn Smith, by Mtn Home Linus Stoan V Lasquite & Lasquite’s Francesca May. Owned by Rob-Lyn & Timothy Hiltz and Sabrina Griebel. Handled by Tim. WB, BOS (1pt) – Blue Collar’s Kiss an Angel, Breeders Rob-Lyn & Timothy Hiltz and Mlynn Smith, by Mtn Home Linus Stoan V Lasquite & Lasquite’s Francesca May. Owned by Rob-Lyn & Timothy Hiltz and Sabrina Griebel. Handled by Tim.RWB – Shadow Mtn’s Rhapsody in Blue, breeders Paul & Karen Bodeving, by Ch. Shadow Mtn Hot August Night & Shadow Mtn I’m In Heaven Vic. Owned by Rob-Lyn & Timothy Hiltz and Sabrina Griebel. Handled by Sabrina
- On Sunday May 8, 2011 we were back at Gage and Gage warehouse in Shakopee for the second weight pull. We had the same 5 dogs as on Saturday, plus we added our little 35 lb. Border Collie x Jack Russell mix, Dodger. Again we took the top 5 placements in the unlimited class, and Dodger took first place in the 40 lb class. In first place it was Tempo with a pull of 2,808 lbs or 27.52 times her body weight and a new personal best for her. Second went to Dreamer who again pulled 3,720 lbs or 26.57 times her body weight. Mia was in third place with a pull of 3,036 lbs, Mister moved up to 4th place pulling 3,264 lbs and Bell was slacking and took first place with a pull of 2,580 lbs. Dreamer again took the award for most weight pulled over all. Yup a pretty good weekend for the kids from Blue Collar St. Bernards.
- Saturday May 7, 2011 we attended the MN Mixed Breed Club's UKC Weight pull. We had 5 dogs entered, Mia, Bell, Dreamer, Tempo and the rookie Mister. The dogs did well with us sweeping the top 5 placements in the unlimited class. Placements were determine by percentage of body weight pulled, so in first place it was Mia pulling 3,530 lbs or 28.70 times her body weight. Second place went to Dreamer who pulled 3,720 lbs or 26.57 times her body weight. Third Place went to Tempo pulling 2,390 lbs or 23.43 times her body weight. In forth place it was Bell, Pulling 2,580 lbs or 16.43 times her body weight, and in 5th place was our rookie Mister who pulled 2,390 lbs or 15.41 times his body weight, not to bad for his first actual weight pull. Dreamer also won the award for most weight pulled over all, so, we figured we had a pretty good day.
- Saturday April 9, 2011 we attended the Greater Milwaukee St. Bernard Club Specialty Dog Shows and Sweepstakes held at the same show site in Milwaukee, and Dreamer was great again, taking a Select Bitch Award under judge Glenn Radcliffe in show #1, and then again taking Best of Opposite Sex in show #2 under judge Carole Wilson. Dreamer picked up 14 pts. towards her grand championship, over the two days, and we had a great time, Even though the other dogs didn't do much, they all showed well, and we were very happy with that.
- Friday April 8, 2011 we attended the Northern Illinois St. bernard Club Specialty Dog Shows and Sweepstakes in Milwaukee, WI. We had our Ch, bitch, Dreamer along with Mister and the puppies, KC and Angel. Dreamer did us proud, by taking a Select Bitch in show #1 under judge Pam Waugh, and then went Best of Opposite Sex in show # 2 under Judge Carm Zappala.
- Sunday March 20, 2011 we were back at Gage and Gage Warehouse for the 2nd UKC weight pull. After fixing the cart on Saturday night, it pulled much better on Sunday. On Sunday Tim pulled our Border Collie x Jack Russell, Dodger to 1st place in the 40 lb class with a pull of 1,364 lbs or 42.62 times his body weight. Mia was again 2nd in the unlimited class pullin 3,796 lbs with Tim handling her. Sabrina handled Bell to a 3rd place with a pull of 2,884 lbs and Sabrina also handled Lilly who pulled 2,428 lbs for 4th place. Over all a successful weekend for our pulling crew, especially since Stella and Lilly have been retired for over a year, and Dodger is coming off of an injury. None the less we are proud of our babies that is for sure.
- MN Mixed Breed Club held their first UKC Weight pull of the 2011 season on Saturday March 19, 2011 at the Gage and Gage Warehouse in Shakopee, MN. It was an indoor pull on carpet. My Am Staff., Stella entered and she finished in 3rd place in the 80 lb class with a pull of 604 lbs. Stella was pulled by Tim. Then we had 3 of our Saint Bernard girls entered, Bell who pulled for Sabrina and took 1st in the unlimited class with a pull of 2,124 lbs. Tim pulled Mia and she took 2nd place with a pull of 1972 lbs, and Sabrina pulled Lilly who took 3rd place with a pull of 1364 lbs. The weights were very low at this pull, and after the pull it was discovered that the barings were bad on the cart and so Tim and Tom repacked the barings so the cart would pull smoother for Sunday's pull.
- Ham Lake Snow Bowl NADSR Weight Pull. This was our first winter pull outside on snow and Tim and Sabrina went to the pull with Tempo and Dreamer. Tim & Dreamer finished first with a pull of 830 lbs and also took the award for most weight pulled and Sabrina and Tempo were second with a pull of 550 lbs. The weather was warm and sunny, so it was like pulling in molasses...very sticky. But because of the warm temperatures there were lots of spectators at the festival and watching the pull, so it was a good time.
- The top twenty all breed standings for January 2011 Canine Chronicles came out and we are poud to say that we have two dogs on the list. Blue Collar's Karbon Kopy (KC) is at number 10 and his sister Blue Collar's Kiss an Angel (Angel) is at number 16. Not to bad for a couple of 10 month old puppies! We are so proud!
- We have been approved by the AKC to be listed as a breeder of Merit as prescribed by their criteria. We are delighted to have this honor bestowed upon us and our kennel.
- What a weekend, today 1-9-11 at the Land O' Lakes dog show it was my puppy girl's time to shine! KC's litter sister Angel took Best of Breed today for her first two points, and KC took Best of Opposite Sex. Yup this was the kind of weekend that all breeders hope and pray for. Yippeeeee!
- 1-8-11 Today at the Land O' Lakes dog show we did a repeat of yesterday with KC taking Winners Dog, Best of Winners and Best of Breed, and Tempo was Winners Bitch and Best of Opposite Sex for another 2 pts each. Still grinning from ear to ear.
- 1-7-11 Today at the Northstar Working Dog Specialty Dog show in St. Paul out 8 month old Puppy K.C. (Blue Collar's Karbon Copy) won Winners Dog, Best of Winners and Best of breed to earn his first 2 points towards his championship. Not to be outdone our girl Tempo (U-CH Shadow Mtn Rhapsody In Blue, U-WP, WPX) won Winners Bitch and Best of Opposite Sex for her first 2 points also. Yes, we had a good day showing!
- February 2011, Blue Collar St. Bernard's delighted to welcome our newest addition to our kennel. Thanks to Brenda Swanson of Montana Mtn Kennels, "Mister" is now a member of our furry family. His registered name is Montana Mtn's Mystery of Life, a long hair male, who will be starting his show career this spring. Mister is going to be 3 years old in March. His web page will be up with pictures in the very near future.
- November 20, 2010 We attended the Minneapolis Kennel Club Show in Shakopee. We had four girls (Dreamer, Bell, Tempo and baby Angel) and our puppy boy KC. Dreamer took Winners Bitch and Best of Opposite Sex for a 3 pt. major and her AKC Championship! The puppies showed well for their first time out, and Tim and Sabrina did a great job handling 5 dogs in 4 different classes. We were suppose to show the next day (sunday) but Minnesota got hit with a ice storm, so we stayed home where we were safe.
- October 8, 2010 - Congratulations to Marlys and Lyle Larson and their boy Linus, who took 2nd place at the St. Bernard Club of America's National Weight Pull in Branson, MO. Linus pulled 3,265 lbs. and picked up his first leg toward his Weight Puller Excellent title. Linus is the sire of our "K" litter, so we are very proud of him too, and of Marlys also who handled him to his 2nd place finish.
- September 20, 2010, Today Tim was off to 2 UKC dog show in Minneapolis with Mia and Bell. Mia was reserve at both shows, and Bell who was shown by 10 year old Suri, Barb Gage's granddaughter, went Best of Breed, and group 1 in the first show, and Best of Breed and group 2 in the second show to finish her UKC Championship. Way to go Suri and Bell, they make a good team together.
- August 28, 2010 Tim and Sabrina were off to the St. Croix Valley Kennel Club Show with Mia and Bell. Bell went winners bitch, best of breed, for her first point towards her AKC championship.
- August 15, 2010, back to Albert Lea, MN for day 2 of the Freeborn County Kennel Club Dog Show. No major again today, so we didn't show Dreamer as all she needs is a major to finish. Mia showed very well for Kristen today and took Reserve Winners Bitch, and Dreamers sister, Cocoa, owned by Britt & Doug Dalbec went Winners Bitch and Best of Opposite for the 2 pts. Linus went Winners Dog and Best of Winners for 2 pts in Conformation, but he was naughty in obedience and got an NQ! Congratulations to all of the winners!
August 14, 2010 Today we were in Albert Lea, MN for the Freeborn County Kennel Club Dog Show. Dreamer took winners bitch, and best of Opposite sex, while Tempo took Reserve winners bitch, thanks Tim and Sabrina for doing a good job with the girls, to bad the major was broken. Thank you also Kristen for your help with Mia, you are the best!
The puppies were really proud of their dad Linus! Not only did he take Winners Dog and Best of Winners in the conformation ring, but his owner, Marlys Larson, showed him in Novice obedience and he qualified for his first leg of three needed for his Companion Dog (CD) obedience title. His score was 190 our of 200. Told you these puppy come from very smart parents!
July 17th and 18, 2010, Tim, Sabrina and I attended the big UKC Extravaganza Put on by the Local White German Sheperd Club, and the MN Mixed Breed Club. We had 4 of our Saints and our Border Jack entered in the weight pull both days, and then we had Mia and Tempo in the 2 conformation shows on Saturday, and Bell in both shows on Sunday and Mia and Tempo each in one on Sunday and we are very pleased with our results.
July 17, 2011, Saturday Mia took Best Female, Best of Breed and a Group II in show #1 and Tempo took Reserve. In Show #2 it was reversed with Tempo taking Best Female, Best of Breed and a Group III.
Saturday July 16, 2010, weight pull resulted in 2 first places and one second, one 3rd and one fourth, with Bell pulling her personal best. In first place in the 40 lb class was Dodger our Border Jack with a pull of 1,302 lbs in 11.06 seconds and at 35 lbs that was 37.2 times his body weight. On to the big dogs and the Unlimited weight class. In first place was our girl Mia (Empty Keg's I-C-U-N-V Me) Who pulled 3,038 lbs in 17.69 seconds which was 25.74 times her body weight of 118 lbs. In second place was our girl Dreamer (UCH Scandia's Dreamcatcher Heezedoorn) with a pull of 2534 lbs in 8.06 seconds which was 17.36 times her weight of 146 lbs In third place and with a new personal best was Bell (Lasquite's Francesca May), pulling 2534 lbs in 11.79 seconds, or 17.72 times her body weight of 143 lbs. In forth place was a little Tempo (Shadow Mtn Rhapsody In Blue) who weighted in a whopping 108 lbs, and still managed to pull 2366 lbs in 11.28 seconds, 21.71 times her body weight.
Sunday July 16, 2011, Bell and Mia were entered in Show #1, and Mia went Best Female, Best of Breed, and a Group IV NEW CHAMPION!. Bell was reserve. In show #2 we had Bell entered again along with Tempo, and Tempo went Best Female, Best of Breed, but did not place in the group, but she did get her NEW CHAMPION title! Poor Bell, only reserves, babies are hard on a Momma Dog. Sunday's weight pull was real exciting! Dodger took his class again with a pull of 1246 lbs in 13 seconds flat for a pull of 35.60 times his body weight. The real excitement was in the Unlimited class where Tempo pulled 2702 lbs (new personal best) for 4th place and a pull of 24.78 times her body weight. And then there were three! Just 3 dogs in still pulling, Mia which Tim pulls, Bell who Sabrina pulls, and Dreamer the girl I pull. Mia took 3rd place with a final pull of 3374 lbs in 20.10 seconds, 28.59 times her body weight. Dreamer pulled first and pulled 3542 lbs in 16.60 seconds. It was now Bell's turn, and she also pulled 3542 lbs but time was 15.59 seconds. Neither of the girls could pull anymore, and since they were tied on weight the tie breaker was time and Bell had the better time, so it was Bell in first and Dreamer in second! Whew what a day, heck what a weekend!
- The first of July, 2010 found 3 more babies going to their new homes, so my "10 little indians" as the Vets call them are now down to 4. Things are getting mighty quiet around here that is for sure.
- 06/25/10 the puppies started to go to their new homes. Blueberry or Bentley as he is now known left on Friday, and Lime, or Molly went to her new home on Saturday. It was sad to see them go until I saw the smiles on their new owners faces, and I knew they had good homes. See what I mean look at the pictures on the K-Litter page, they say it all!
- 06/2610 & 06/27/10, Saturday and Sunday, Team Blue Collar danced amoung the raindrops at the Cambridge MN Kennel Club Dog show.UCH. Scandia's Dreamcatcher Heezedoorn, WP, "Dreamer" went Winners Bitch and Best of Breed both days for one point each day. Reserve Winners Bitch both days was Empty Keg's I-C-U-N-V Me, WPS, RN, CGC, TDI, or Mia to her friends. It was a good day for us inspite of the rain and the poor turn out